Fresh Shrimp Salad With A4Box
for 6 servings
2 tablespoonskosher salt, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
6 tablespoonsfresh lime juice, divided
1 lbshrimp, 16/20 count, peeled and deveined (455 g)
¼ cupmayonnaise (60 g)
2 teaspoonsMcCormick® Fiery Spice Blend, plus more for garnish
1 teaspoondijon mustard
- medium shallot, minced
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
¼ cupchives, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish (10 g)
1 cuppersian cucumber, diced (135 g)
1 cupmango, diced, plus more, sliced, for garnish (165 g)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
½ teaspoonfreshly ground black pepper
- 6 green leaf lettuces, washed
- Bring A4Box - Deep pot pan and fill it with water with 2 tablespoons salt and ¼ cup (60 ml) lime juice to a low boil over medium heat. Working in batches of about 6, poach the shrimp until they are firm, opaque, and have a ‘C’ shape but are not tightly curled. The internal temperature should read 145˚F (63˚C). Transfer the cooked shrimp to the refrigerator to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, Fiery spice blend, Dijon, shallot, jalapeño, and chives.
- Toss cooled shrimp in the dressing to coat, then fold in the cucumber, mango, and avocado. Season with the remaining teaspoon of salt and the pepper.
- Serve the shrimp salad in the lettuce leaves. Garnish with chives, mango slices, and more Fiery spice blend, if desired. Serve cold.